Job Reference: FEB20199519
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers. Our Sixth Form provision has a reputation for high academic achievement and excellence.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified individual who will play a crucial role in realising the department’s strategic objectives. You will be an inspiring lecturer with a background in delivering English Literature and the ability to deliver varied, high quality and imaginative sessions and have a record of good achievement rates. We are looking for a Subject Leader for A Level English who not only has the ability to lead and co-ordinate English courses in the A level centre and the creativity and vision to promote English and Literacy on a wider scale throughout the whole faculty.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver a flexible and innovative curriculum that is responsive to feedback from current learners and anticipates likely changes in demand from future learners.
- Deliver excellent standards of teaching and learning across all areas within the curriculum area.
- Undertake the day-to-day co-ordination of staff of the English Literature and Language course team so that the College can achieve its overall objective of being excellent in all areas.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Possesses as a minimum a degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Hold an appropriate teaching qualification such as DTLLS, PGCE or equivalent
- Has the experience of teaching A-Level English Literature and leading English Literature and English Language.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days Annual Leave per year (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Subject Leader in English, please go to and select ‘Apply’ to complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 18th March 2019
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.