Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
We are looking for a full time Subject Leader – A Level Media who will play a crucial role in realising its mission to ‘shape successful lives through excellent education and training.’ S/he should have substantial curriculum knowledge, be a successful teacher and demonstrate clear and decisive leadership of a team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the course team, and in particular all course team meetings, are clearly focused upon raising standards of teaching and learning to achieve excellence throughout
- Assist the Group Head of Centre in setting targets for the recruitment and success of students at course level
- Deliver excellent teaching, learning and assessment processes
Required Skills and Experience:
- Possesses as a minimum a degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Hold an appropriate teaching qualification such as DTLLS, PGCE or equivalent
- Has the ability to teach at all levels including BTEC L2 NQF, Level 3 QCF and A Level
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teacher’s Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days annual leave (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period) pro rata
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
To apply for the role of Subject Leader – A Level Media, please click on ‘Apply’ and complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 22nd July 2018