Subject Leader - Art and Design
This is truly a unique and exciting role. Aston University Engineering Academy and Aston University Sixth Form is a specialist University Technical College established in 2012. Oversubscribed with 250 Year 9-Year 11 students and 500 sixth form students, we have become a highly valued and recognised lead centre for design and engineering in the midlands.
Although Art has formed a fundamental basis for our Product Design, Design and Technology, and world-leading 3D design courses since 2012, we have never had Art as a stand-alone specialist department.
Due to a significant rise in demand for University progression into Architecture, Interior design, Automotive design and Product design, we feel as our institution approaches 10 years old, now is the right time to launch our Art and Design curriculum in its own right.
We are therefore seeking an experienced Art Teacher who would relish the opportunity to create this exciting department. You will have the opportunity to work alongside the Principal, Senior Leaders and Director of Engineering, have access to specialist funding and resources, including a new Art classroom, fully specified to your ideas and new department needs.
You will be fully supported by a great team both within AUEA and also via key external partners including; colleagues at local Art and Design centres of excellence and HE institutions.
As well as our own outstanding facilities, our location next to our sponsor Aston University means that we can access resources, teaching and learning spaces like no other school. (About Aston University Engineering Academy)
AUEA is a highly diverse institution with learners and staff from all communities and backgrounds from across the West Midlands. We strongly welcome applicants from within our local communities with a passion to increase our young people's social mobility and future opportunities.
This role will suit an experienced Art and Design practitioner who either already has leadership experience or feels ready to be supported in developing these skills. Training and CPD will be provided.
There couldn't be a more exciting time to join our team.
We are seeking a professional who is:
- An enthusiastic and committed teacher
- A teacher who has the highest expectations of student learning.
- An excellent classroom practitioner with a drive for self-improvement and development.
- Innovative and creative with excellent interpersonal skills
- Passionate about Art, Design and Creative curriculum.
As a valued member of AUEA we will offer:
- A family-feel environment centred around the health and well being of staff and students.
- A designated Staff Benefits, training and Health Care package including a family day off per year.
- Personalised CPD and Career development programme including National Leadership programmes.
- Opportunity for experience and development as part of our Armed Forces and Combined Cadet Force partnerships.
Visits with the Principal are encouraged either virtually or in-person. To book your place or for any further details please email the Principal's PA Amanda Johnson via email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 3rd March 2020 at 12:00 noon.
Interviews will be coordinated in line with appropriate procedures inline with current COVID-19 regulations and safety.
AUEA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Aston University Engineering Academy
- Mainstream school with state - university technical college (utc) funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 14 - 19 years
As the first major university sponsored University Technical College in the country, Aston University Engineering Academy (AUEA) our sixth form: 'Aston University Sixth Form' combines the very best education for academic and technical skills...