Subject Leader for Electronics
Aston University Engineering Academy and Aston University Sixth form (AUEA) is a dynamic and over-subscribed University Technical College (UTC) sponsored by Aston University, whose School of Engineering is nationally recognised as a centre of excellence.
Based on the edge of Aston University's campus we have over 650 students aged from 13 -19, from all communities of Birmingham and the wider West Midlands who seek to follow our pipelines into Health, Science, Business and Engineering careers.
We are fortunate to be supported by many businesses including Jacobs, Cundall, HS2, RSS, Cadent gas, RAF to name just a few.
Our high tech institution equips students to the highest standards and offers clear progression routes into higher education and the world of work, this has resulted in over 92% of our students in 2018 going on to study STEM undergraduate courses and higher apprenticeships across the country. 25% of our students at 18 progress straight onto Degrees at Aston University.
Our huge popularity due to outstanding destinations and job opportunities means that our UTC in its Eighth year is oversubscribed,
Due to this expansion we are seeking an experienced Electronics Teacher or Lecture with experience at FE or secondary to join our Engineering Department. You will have the responsibility fo leading our Electronics subject within the our Engineering Curriculum. AUEA will provide the rewarding experience of delivering exciting and engaging learning delivered in partnership with Aston University and our significant industry partners so that our young people are motivated to strive for excellence. We offer also designated training package for all STEM teachers wishing to teach Engineering including; mechanical, manufacture, advanced manufacture and CAD.
We are looking for innovative and creative teachers that will ensure that our young people strive for excellence and therefore students make outstanding progress.
We are seeking a professional who is:
- An enthusiastic and committed teacher from FE or Secondary
- A teacher/lecturer who has the highest expectations of student learning.
- An excellent classroom practitioner with a drive for self-improvement and development.
- Innovative and creative with excellent interpersonal skills
- Passionate about Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
Why you should work at AUEA?
- Working at AUEA will give you the chance to make genuine difference to the life chances of young people. 98% of our UTC graduates go onto apprenticeships university and Employment
- We feel that no other school in the Midlands values self reflection so highly. We are invested in the Lessonvu system which enables your development in a unique, innovative and non-judgemental way.
- At AUEA we have the ability to take days off during term time, virtually unheard of in the rest of the education sector as senior leadership value maintaining a positive work-life balance.
- Time is dedicated to your training and development every Monday.
- Our partnership with Aston University enables a wide range of additional benefits and access to higher education courses.
- Designated Staff Benefits, training and Health Care Package (Explore)
- Opportunity to gain commission in the RAF as part of our RAF CCF Programme
- Opportunity for international visits.
Visits are welcome to book your place or for any further details please email the Principal's PA Amanda Naan via email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 16th March 2020 at 16:00pm
Interviews will be commencing from Week Beginning 23rd March 2020
AUEA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.