Teach in a specialist STEM College sponsored by Aston University dedicated to Science and Engineering.
Due to the promotion of the current post holder, we are looking for a well-qualified, confident and inspiring Subject Leader for Biology from September 2019 to join our dynamic and over-subscribed University Technical College (UTC).
Science is a vital element of our unique STEM curriculum with KS4 students following the new AQA GCSE 9-1 separate science syllabus and large KS5 numbers on A Level Chemistry, Biology and Physics along with Engineering Chemistry (Materials) and Engineering Physics. From September we will be (Subject to DFE approval) also enrolling Year 9 on a discovery STEM curriculum.
As well as our own outstanding science facilities, our location next to our sponsor Aston University means that we can access resources, teaching and learning spaces like no other school. (About Aston University Engineering Academy)
This role will suit an experienced classroom Biology practitioner who is ready to learn and develop their leadership of a subject and support curriculum area strategy. Significant development and CPD including national courses will be provided to meet individual needs.
Further Leadership opportunities exist for outstanding and highly experienced candidates.
You will join a friendly and supportive 100% specialist science team consisting of; Science Curriculum Area Leader, Assistant-CAL, Subject Leader Physics, and Chemistry, 2 x Science Lead Practitioners , Chemist, Biologist, and Technician.
There couldn't be a more exciting time to join our team
We are seeking a professional who is:
- An enthusiastic and committed experienced teacher
- A teacher who has the highest expectations of student learning.
- An excellent classroom practitioner with a drive for self-improvement and development.
- A developing leader
- Innovative and creative with excellent interpersonal skills
- Passionate about Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Exceptional NQTs will be considered
As a valued member of AUEA we will offer:
- Designated Staff Benefits, training and Health Care Package (Explore)
- Personalised CPD and Career development programme
- Opportunity for additional study at Aston University
- *Recruitment Bonus of £2000 subject to terms and conditions.
- Opportunity to gain commission in the RAF as part of our RAF CCF Programme
- Opportunity for international visits.
Visits are welcome to book your place or for any further details please email the Principal's PA Nicola Rodgers via firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 10th December 2018
Interviews commencing 12th - 14th December 2018
AUEA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.