This appointment arises from the promotion of the current post holder.
This is a permanent, full-time position effective from 1st January 2022. The post holder will be paid on the main professional scale (M1-UPS3) and in addition will receive a Level 2B Teaching & Learning Responsibility (TLR) payment currently worth £4763 pa in respect of their leadership responsibilities for the department.
- The post holder will be required to teach Computer Science to pupils in all year groups including GCSE & A-Level. In addition the successful applicant will be required to undertake the role of form tutor delivering the group’s weekly lesson of Personal & Social Education.
- Computing is taught to all students from years 7 – 9, including basic IT skills and computer science. Computer Science is offered as an optional subject at KS4 & 5.
- Computer Science is one of the most popular GCSE optional subjects at Aston. Details of the Computer Science curriculum can be found on the school’s website (www.keaston.bham.sch.uk/schoollife/curriculum)
- The department has its own dedicated teaching rooms each equipped with a suite of recently updated computers. Staffing is made up of a subject leader and three other members of the department.
- The school is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and suitably qualified Computer Science teacher. The successful applicant is likely to have some experience of teaching the subject including at A-Level. Appropriate support will be available for a suitable candidate to enhance their ability to teach Computer Science at A Level.
- The school takes its responsibility for the safety of the pupils extremely seriously and applicants will be expected to demonstrate a clear understanding of their responsibilities in this area at all stages of the application process. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a DBS check.
- If you wish to apply for the position please complete an application form (available from the website www.keaston.bham.sch.uk ) as well as a covering letter (word processed, no more than two sides of A4, font size twelve) explaining why your experience to date makes you suitable for the position (including why you wish to move into subject leadership), the challenges of working in a selective school and how you would contribute to the wider life of the school. Both should be e-mailed to Mrs W Causer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that references will be obtained prior to the interview. Referees must be able to comment on your suitability for the advertised role, include your last employer and if a school the Head Teacher.
- Please do not hesitate to contact the school on 0121 327 1130 or at email@example.com if you have any questions that you would like ask about the position or wish to arrange a visit to the school before submitting an application.
- The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 27th September, with interviews on Thursday 30th September.
King Edward VI Aston School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years