Subject Leader – History
Salary: Main/Upper Pay Scale (25,714 - £41,807)+ TLR 2B £4,814 per annum
Working pattern: 1 FTE
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: September 2021
Friesland School is a good school that is on the path to becoming outstanding. Every child really matters at our school and each year we celebrate excellent results and last year was no exception, with some outstanding achievements. We recognise that these outcomes are only possible through the commitment, dedication and skills of our highly valued staff.
Friesland School are seeking to appoint a Subject Leader for History to join their team of dedicated and hardworking teachers within the Humanities Faculty. The Subject Leader will be responsible for leading our history department and driving the improvement of teaching and learning within this area. The role will require excellent subject, examination and national curriculum knowledge.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and self-motivated, with a real passion for their subject. This post would be ideal for an individual who likes a challenge and is committed to students’ learning. We are looking for someone who is patient and caring, with the students’ quality of learning and excellent progression at the centre of their work.
Why join us?
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. This Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large free staff carpark. We have some excellent facilities for staff and our students really want to learn and achieve.
- Competitive pay scales -our pay scales for Leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales.
- An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options.
- The ability to work flexibly.
- Career-Average pension scheme.
- A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development and career.
- Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
- A stimulating and supportive working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
- Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and experience and to make progress in your career.
The closing date for applications is: Friday 26 February 2021
Interviews will be held on: Week commencing Monday 1 March 2021
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years