In November 2019 Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) became the first further education provider in England to achieve outstanding grades in every area of Ofsted’s recently reformed Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
The inspection report praised all areas of the College’s provision and acknowledged NSCG’s ‘positive, stimulating and safe learning environment’, ‘highly motivated staff’, and ‘learners’ exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning’. It also highlighted the fantastic partnerships the College has with industry.
To read the full Ofsted report for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group, please visit the Ofsted Government website, select Find an Inspection Report and search for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes. We have over 4,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers. Our Sixth Form provision has a reputation for high academic achievement and excellence.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified individual who will play a crucial role in realising the department’s strategic objectives. You will be an inspiring lecturer with a background in Biology and the ability to deliver varied, high quality and imaginative sessions and have a record of good achievement rates.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver a flexible and innovative curriculum that is responsive to feedback from current learners and anticipates likely changes in demand from future learners.
- Deliver excellent standards of teaching and learning across all areas within the curriculum area.
- Undertake the day-to-day co-ordination of staff within the course team so that the College can achieve its overall objective of being excellent in all areas.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Teaching qualification (PGCE or DTTLS) or equivalent;
- Has a first degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Is an outstanding teacher who achieves excellent levels of success
- Has a detailed knowledge and understanding of current teaching practice within the curriculum area.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days annual leave pro rata (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Subject Leader in Biology, please click visit our website.
The closing date for completed applications is 26th April 2020.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.