Information about London Academy
London Academy is an ambitious all-through Academy in North London, serving a multicultural and disadvantaged community. In 2017/2018 we were in the top 5% of schools in the country in terms of progress achieving a progress 8 score of 0.65 overall and 0.94 specifically in Maths.
We are looking to appoint an inspiring and passionate practitioner, with the drive to make a substantial difference to the lives of our young people and contribute to the continued strategic development of the Academy. This post is pivotal to the Academy’s continuing drive to raise attainment for all our children. You will be working within a team of 15 teachers in an expanding department, delivering a curriculum which includes AS & A2 Mathematics and Further Mathematics.
Our mission is to develop the leadership potential in both our staff and students and we want to be at the forefront of developing the next generation of national school leaders. We can help prepare you for a future senior leadership position, investing in your development through regular coaching and a wide range of professional development opportunities, such as the NPQSL/NPQH.
Why work at London Academy?
• The opportunity to work with experienced and value driven colleagues that have a proven track record of raising attainment for a disadvantaged community
• A wide range of professional development opportunities, for example we were one of the first partner schools working with The Institute for Teaching on the Masters in Expert Teaching
• Experience of working with Ambition School Leadership and supporting colleagues completing Teaching Leaders and Future Leaders
• A commitment to engage with the latest educational research so it that informs all aspects of the Academy, for example curriculum design and pedagogy
• A focus on reducing workload by having centralised behaviour systems, centralised curriculum and a reasonable feedback policy.
Please send your CV and a completed application form to email@example.com. If you would like to discuss the post in confidence please call 020 8238 1100 extension 247 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to come in or have an informal conversation with the Principal.
The closing date for applications
Tuesday 23rd April 2019 with interviews taking place later that week.
London Academy is an equal opportunities employer. London Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Enhanced DBS, Barred List and Prohibition checks will always be carried out on new employees.