Information about London Academy
London Academy is an ambitious all-through Academy in North London, serving a multicultural and disadvantaged community. Our progress 8 for 2018/2019 was 1 placing us in the top 1% of all schools in the country and specifically 1.04 in Maths.
We are looking to appoint an inspiring and passionate practitioner, with the drive to make a substantial difference to the lives of our young people and contribute to the continued strategic development of the Academy. This post is pivotal to the Academy’s continuing drive to raise attainment for all our children. You will have responsibility for driving improvements in Teaching and Learning within the Mathematics department. You will be working within a team of 15 teachers, delivering a curriculum which includes AS & A2 Mathematics and Further Mathematics.
Our mission is to develop the leadership potential in both our staff and students and we want to be at the forefront of developing the next generation of national school leaders. We can help prepare you for a future senior leadership position, investing in your development through regular coaching and a wide range of professional development opportunities, such as the NPML/NPQSL.
Why work at London Academy?
• The opportunity to work with experienced and value driven colleagues that have a proven track record of raising attainment for a disadvantaged community.
• A wide range of professional development opportunities, for example we were one of the first partner schools working with The Institute for Teaching on the Masters in Expert Teaching.
• Experience of working with Ambition School Leadership and supporting colleagues completing Teaching Leaders and Future Leaders.
• A commitment to engage with the latest educational research so it that informs all aspects of the Academy, for example curriculum design and pedagogy.
• A focus on reducing workload by having centralised behaviour systems, centralised curriculum and a reasonable feedback policy.
To apply, please complete an application form and submit a statement outlining your educational ethos and what you believe makes an excellent Maths department. This statement should be no more than two sides of A4. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to have an informal conversation with a senior member of staff please email email@example.com.
London Academy is an equal opportunities employer. London Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Enhanced DBS, Barred List and Prohibition checks will always be carried out on new employees.
The closing date for applications is 9am Monday 1st March 2021.
We are committed to the protection of children
We are an equal opportunities employer
All posts will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and prohibition from teaching checks
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 19 years