Do you want to be part of a team that transform the lives of young people?
As a new all-through school, Goresbrook School is attempting to do the seemingly impossible; ensure all young people, regardless of background, have the real option to succeed at a top university. Goresbrook School is an exciting new school that opened in 2016. Tenacious in approach, our team are committed to transforming the lives of students and do so through unwavering belief, positivity, creativity, hardwork and collaboration. Many of us are TeachFirst Ambassadors but regardless of our how we came into the profession we are all determined to leave a lasting legacy.
Teaching is an art form. It requires an unrelenting dedication to refining your craft. This is at the core of everything we do at Goresbrook. For this reason, it is a very special place to work. All of us are passionate about growing (getting better at what we do through careful reflection and deep thought). All of us are committed to working as a team (we know that far more can be achieved through working together). We each have an unrelenting belief that the stubborn link between poverty and academic achievement can be overcome through the creation of an exceptional school.
In the MFL department, we use a no nonsense approach to languages, focused on re-visiting critical knowledge and ensuring students have lots of opportunities to practice. We aim to develop real linguists at Goresbrook; developing fluency and meaningful language acquisition is key. We teach all students how to manipulate language successfully regardless of their starting point or background. All students thrive on the most challenging work and we recognise that developing a depth of knowledge at Key Stage 3 will set students up for success during their language careers at Goresbrook and beyond. The quality of student work is impressive - please visit us to see what the students can do or follow our journey on Twitter @GoresbrookScMFL.
As a committed and inspirational Subject Lead for MFL (French specialist), you will have the exciting opportunity to further develop the vision for MFL at Goresbrook. As we begin to plan for KS4, this is a unique chance to build a rigorous and challenging curriculum that ensures all students develop a love of languages and are successful in their language careers. We value languages highly and are looking for a Subject Lead that has the drive and ambition to lead the department on the next stage of its journey.
What we offer:
- Clear purpose. We are all here to make a real difference to students lives
- Lots of opportunities to observe others and receive feedback. We have an open door policy and place Teaching and Learning at the centre of what we do. We never grade lessons and all feedback is developmental
- An environment in which student behaviour is exemplary. Teachers can teach and students can learn
- Curriculums that are designed in order for pupils to achieve mastery of both content and skills. We have a strong focus on core knowledge and use cutting-edge insights from cognitive science and educational research to ensure that content is retained over time
- Year groups of 120 students. We are a small school and pride ourselves on knowing our students
- Very minimum of two hours curriculum time for each subject area allowing teachers to know students next steps
- Weekly in-school CPD, including a tailored NQT programme
- External CPD programmes, including NPQML and NPQSL
- Opportunities for promotion and development
We currently have 240 students, years 7 and 8. In September 2018, we will have 360 pupils. We will continue to grow each year until we are at full capacity, 720 students including our Sixth Form. Whether you are an outstanding experienced teacher looking for a new challenge, or trainee teacher seeking your first role, you will play a key part in the School’s development. You could play a part in leading and shaping the vision and future of our school for many years to come.
If you align with our vision, values, and are committed to ensuring that ‘disadvantaged’ does not dictate educational outcomes, then you will greatly enjoy working at Goresbrook!
For more information about the role, please contact:
How to apply: Click apply or email Dorcas.Ologunde@goresbrookschool.org.uk to help with your enquiry.
Required from April or September 2018