Required from April 2021 (September may be considered for an exceptional candidate)
A fantastic opportunity for a dynamic colleague to join our vibrant and successful school.
What we offer
• A collaborative faculty that is experienced, innovative and supportive
• Consistently strong results with healthy uptake of Psychology at KS4 and KS5, and many students taking Psychology and Criminology at university
• The opportunity to contribute to a unique KS3 curriculum ‘PPS’ (Politics, Psychology, Sociology)
We need you to be
• A highly-reflective teacher who wants to develop and improve their practice
• Committed to having strong relationships with staff and students
• Passionate about teaching Psychology at both GCSE and A Level
• Interested in evidenced-based teaching strategies that help students in their learning
• An experienced teacher of psychology – preferably with experience as a subject leader (although not essential)
“Staff really like working at the school. They feel valued and very well supported. Leaders have ensured that they have very good opportunities for training and development. Many staff have moved on to promoted posts internally and elsewhere. This is an exciting, dynamic place to work, and its vitality greatly benefits the pupils”. (Ofsted).
“Students’ pride in their school is evident; we think this is what all urban comprehensive schools should look like” (Good Schools Guide)
“An exceptional climate for learning” (Challenge Partners)
We welcome applications from colleagues who are looking to work part time and will always consider job shares or other flexible arrangements.
Details and application form can be downloaded from our website.
Closing Date: 25th January 2021 at 12pm
Interview Date: 28th January 2021
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check. Checks will be made with previous employers
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
Hampstead School is Camden’s largest maintained comprehensive School, educating 1330 students (including 300 in our stand-alone Sixth Form). The school is oversubscribed with a waiting list in all years, admitting 7 forms of entry from over 70 primar...