Do you have the passion, creativity and spark to bring Science to life and inspire our students?
We require an enthusiastic and forward-thinking subject leader to join the science faculty and work with the faculty leader to continue to drive up standards. The school is committed to delivering an outstanding quality of teaching and learning and is looking for a colleague who motivates, inspires and instils a love of learning in their students.
We want the best leader. The role that the successful candidate will play will depend on their interests, their experiences and their skill set. The specific area of responsibility will then be determined.
What we are looking for:
• A qualified teacher with good subject knowledge
• An inclusive individual with high expectations for all students irrespective of starting points.
• Strong inter-personal skills and a team player, who is willing to share ideas and best practice.
• The ability to inspire and motivate others.
• A driven leader committed to improving outcomes for our students
What we can offer you:
• A rapidly improving department.
• State of the art buildings and well equipped, well-resourced subject specific classrooms and labs.
• The opportunity to teach at Key Stage 5
• Engaging students with lots of potential.
• Regular collaborative planning opportunities within the department and across the Trust
• High quality CPD opportunities including working with teachers and leaders from across the school and indeed the Trust
Beckfoot Oakbank is an 11-18 co-ed school with 1550 students. We are located in Keighley. We joined the Beckfoot Multi Academy Trust in September 2016. We did so because of its ambition to create a great school and improve rapidly. The school moved into a brand new £30m purpose built campus at Easter 2018 and the current Headteacher was appointed in June 2018.
Beckfoot Trust consists of 10 Bradford schools, all comprehensive in character that cross mainstream secondary/ primary and special sectors. The Trust is already having significant impact with a number of outstanding schools and we are excited about the potential of a school led model to transform learning environments across our group of schools so that all of our young people and staff will flourish. The Trust has a Teaching School that sits at the heart of the organisation. We pride ourselves on our professional development programmes and care for colleagues.
We hope the further particulars will give you a clear picture of the journey we are on and encourage you to apply for this key post at a very exciting stage in the school’s development.
Visits to the school and Trust are warmly welcomed by appointment, please contact Ann Christmas via email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange and for any further information. Closing date for applications is Friday 22nd March 2019 (9am). It is anticipated that interviews will take place on the 27th March.
We are committed to safeguarding children and all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required
Please note: CVs will not be accepted
ENJOY – LEARN -SUCCEED