- Have the ambition, vision and drive to lead the development of English?
- Wish to work as part of an exciting new team and contribute to Academy improvement?
- Have the qualities required to develop professionals to fulfil your vision and to contribute to driving English leadership and management forward?
- Wish to inspire young minds to develop a love of learning?
If so, Sir Thomas Wharton Academy is the place to continue the next stage of your career.
The Maltby Learning Trust, consisting of primary and secondary Academies, is a vibrant and inspiring place to work and learn, striving to secure excellence in all aspects of its work.
We are seeking to appoint a highly qualified, ambitious and talented Subject Specialist - English to play a key role in the English Department’s improvement journey by providing additional leadership capacity. A passion for English and a strong commitment to developing young readers and writers who achieve their potential is essential.
Our successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner, with high expectations of all learners and professionals within the team
- Be a team player and work closely with other leaders in English to develop and implement effective strategies and processes of departmental improvement
- Be committed to raising standards for all students of English
In return we offer:
- An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff
- New, purpose-built learning spaces which inspire outstanding teaching and learning
- Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Personalised Professional Learning and Development
- An opportunity to work collaboratively within a multi academy Trust
Prospective candidates are invited to visit the Academy and meet the team. Please contact Reception on 01709 864100 if you wish to make an appointment.
How do I apply?
For further information please contact Mr Alun Owen, Assistant Vice Principal, at email@example.com
An Application Form, Role Description and Person Specification can be found on the Academy website or can be obtained by calling the Academy.
Completed applications including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date will prepare you for this role should be addressed to Mrs Yvonne Bootman, Associate Principal and submitted to Mrs Nichola Winder, PA to the Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Academy address below:
Tait Avenue | Edlington | Doncaster | DN12 1HH
Closing Date: Monday 22 October 2018 at 9am
Interviews: Thursday 25 October
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Committed to Safeguarding & Promoting the Welfare of Children | An Equal Opportunities Employer