The International School of Ticino would like to hear from English-speaking teachers (living in Lombardy Italy or Ticino, Switzerland) who are interested in the role of substitute teacher or occasional substitute work. Longer term, there may the possibility of a more permanent position of employment.
Candidates should be well-qualified, committed to high standards, interested in using innovative approaches to teaching and learning and enthusiastic about promoting international understanding.
We are looking for English-speaking teachers who are interested in substitute work. Teachers should show a high level of initiative, flexibility, creativity and organisational skills in caring for and providing safe and enriching educational experiences for students aged 3-11 or 11-18.
Longer term, there may the possibility of more permanent position of employment as professionals within our IB programmes and initial substitute work can often be a great way for you to get to know the school, as well as for the school to get to know you.
• to be living locally in Lombardy Italy or Ticino, Switzerland.
• to have had recent experience working with students aged 3-11 or 11-18.
• to have good English skills;
• to be an EU passport holder or already be in possession of a valid visa that enables you to work in Ticino;
• to be in possession of a university degree in a related field.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should complete the standard TES application form via the TES “apply now/quick apply” link. When completing this application form, it is particularly important that candidates include the following:
• Supporting Statement (within the box provided) which clearly outlines your availability;
• CV with photo (as an attached supporting document);
• Contact details of two referees (within the box provided), one of which must be head of school and one of which must be direct line manager, both from current/most recent appointment.
Before employment begins, a criminal records check will need to be completed as part of our safer recruitment and child safeguarding policies.
International School of Ticino
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years