Our Lady’s College is a Catholic Secondary College for girls administered by Brisbane Catholic Education. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph in 1964, we take as our motto and challenge, “Ad Altiora” (Ever Higher). We follow the example of Saint Mary of the Cross MacKillop and hope to imbue in our girls the spirit of justice, compassion, integrity and service. As our Mission Statement indicates, our College has a friendly and caring environment that values tradition, excellence and community. Our aim is to create independent, self directed and reflective young women who can contribute positively to our ever changing world.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking an experienced Support Teacher Inclusive Education (STIE) for a Part Time/Fixed Term position, .5 FTE commencing Tuesday 27 April 2021 (work days to be confirmed). The ability to teach Religious Education will be highly regarded.
In collaboration with parents and teachers, you will support students across the full range of abilities and needs, to meet specific learning needs. You will implement inclusive and effective teaching and learning strategies to engage and improve education outcomes of supported students.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate:
• A strong knowledge of inclusive education practices and a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Experience in implementing Individual Curriculum Plans (ICPs),
• An understanding of the NCCD process,
• Involvement with BCE Strategies and practices which influence student progress and achievement,
• An ability to oversee and deliver a range of mapping and planning functions to support inclusive education practices,
• An ability to attend to innovative and creative teaching practices,
• A proven capacity to work as part of a team, and
• A willingness to share knowledge and skills through professional development, consultation and advice.
• For the classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing 27 April 2021
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): For the remainder of the 2021 school year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: .5 FTE - Work days to be confirmed
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Paula Goodwin
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3426 8000
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 18-Apr-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education