We are seeking an experienced educator to fill the position of Support Teacher Inclusive Education (ST:IE)
In collaboration with parents and teachers, you will support students across the full range of abilities and needs to meet specific learning needs. You will implement inclusive and effective teaching and learning strategies to engage and improve education outcomes of supported students.
To be successful in this role, you will need demonstrate -
• A strong knowledge of inclusive education practices and a clear
understanding of the Australian Curriculum
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience in implementing Individual Curriculum Plans (ICPs)
• An understanding of the NCCD process
• Involvement with BCE Strategies and practices which influence student progress and achievement
• An ability to oversee and deliver a range of mapping and planning
functions to support inclusive education practices
• An ability to attend to innovative and creative teaching practices
• A proven capacity to work as part of a team, and
• A willingness to share knowledge and skills through professional development, consultation and advice.
Applicants are required to address these points in the "Letter of Application" section of the on-line application form.
Southern Cross Catholic College is a Prep to Year 12 school offering families a co-educational pathway to life-long learning. The College was founded in 1995 following the amalgamation of the Catholic primary and secondary schools in the Moreton Bay Region. The multi-campus College operates as the principal Catholic College on the Redcliffe peninsula. Southern Cross Catholic College has three campuses located in Scarborough, Kippa Ring and Woody Point accommodating students in Prep to Year 6 and a fourth campus in Scarborough accommodating middle and senior years students from Year 7 to 12.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2021
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): For the duration of the 2021 school year.
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Janelle Doohan
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3480 3600
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 15-Jan-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education