ORCHARD SCHOOL, Yeovil.
Salary: Depending on experience
Contract Type/Term: Full Time/Permanent (following successful 6 month probationary period)
The Cambian Group, one of UK's largest provider of specialist children’s services, is looking for an experienced Teacher to join our team in The Orchard School in Yeovil.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic team in a School offering placements for girls aged 11 – 16 years old with complex needs and challenging behaviour.
The role of a Science/ Maths Teacher will be to carry out the professional duties of a teacher in accordance with the school's policies under the direction of the Lead Teacher. Teaching and assessing effectively, you will take responsibility for your own professional development and create opportunities for students of all ages and abilities to achieve well.
Areas of responsibility:
• Identifying clear teaching objectives, specifying how they will be taught and assessed for each individual student
• Providing clear structures for learning to maintain pace, motivation and challenge
• Ensuring effective teaching and best use of available time
• Ensuring students acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject taught
• Ensuring the effective and efficient deployment of classroom support
• Marking and monitoring students' work and setting targets for sustainable and clear progress.
Applicants must have:
• Ability to teach effectively using a variety of strategies
• Excellent interpersonal skills with both children and adults, within a specialist setting
• Thorough knowledge of the National Curriculum for Maths and Science
• Have the ability to identify and develop opportunities for each pupil in line with their individual needs
• Have high aspirations and expectations for their students
Candidates must hold Qualified Teacher Status qualification.
You will join a strong, supportive team who are helping young people with complex needs. It will be challenging yet highly rewarding work where the little things you do every day will have life-changing results, helping our young people to achieve their personal potential and growing our reputation as provider of the best quality behavioural health services in the UK.
We have a range of opportunities available across Cambian Education. Please get in touch with us through the email apply link to find out more.
Successful applicants will be subject to a full-enhanced DBS check. Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care.
Please email Nicole White at Nicole.White@cambiangroup.com