Location Regional NSW
Advertisement Number A900098334
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at up to $127,157.00. Base salary ranges from $72,263.00 to $114,720.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation. Base salary rates above the minimum are available depending on experience.
School Name Menindee Central School
Principal Network Educational Leadership Team 1
Staffing Area Broken Hill
FTE 1.000Contact Name Kylie Jackson
Contact Phone number 0880914409
Closing Date 03-Mar-2021
Job Category Teachers
Organisation Teaching Service
Menindee Central School is located 110kms South-East of Broken Hill, delivering K-12 curriculum as part of the Wilvandee Access Program. The school is part of the Connected Communities strategy, which aims to improve educational outcomes for Aboriginal children and young people. The strategy positions schools as community hubs that broaden the influence of the community and school leadership in the delivery of key services that support children and young people through school into further training, study and employment. The school focuses on enhancing student engagement and wellbeing, encouraging community involvement and providing quality curriculum delivery through student-centred, culturally appropriate teaching and learning. Teaching through Project Based Learning is a strong focus across the school. There are approximately 90 students, with 75% identifying as Aboriginal.
Specific Selection Criteria
(1) Approval to teach Infants and Primary (K-6) with demonstrated ability to implement evidence-based, differentiated teaching practices in literacy and numeracy using assessment and data to inform practice.
(2) Quality classroom practice and highly developed management skills which enhance student engagement through enriched, differentiated and individualised learning programs and the capacity to embed ICT within the school to deliver authentic teaching and learning experiences.
(3) Outstanding communication, organisational and interpersonal skills to engage with all students, staff, parents and the wider community to build authentic partnerships.
(4) Demonstrated commitment to improving educational outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
(5) Demonstrated capacity to implement outstanding positive classroom management practices to cater for the needs of all students to enhance student engagement and wellbeing.
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.
Applicants are to include details of their WWCC clearance number as part of this application.
This is an Above Centrally Identified permanent teacher position established through school funds. The successful candidate’s continued appointment to this position will be subject to the continuity of this funding, the ongoing requirement for the role and the educational needs of the school. Should the funding or the requirement for the position cease, the teacher will receive nominated transfer status; please refer to the Staffing Procedure for the Teaching Service in NSW Public Schools for additional information. When accepting the position, the successful applicant will be indicating their acceptance of the terms and conditions attached to this appointment.
To ensure that your application complies with the guideline page limits your attachments must be in PDF format.
New merit selection application guidelines for classroom teachers, executives and principals have been introduced to provide greater clarity to applicants and selection panels. The guidelines are in effect on positions advertised from Wednesday 10th June 2020. The guidelines are located at: https://education.nsw.gov.au/about-us/careers-at-education/roles-and-locations/roles-at-education/teaching/addressing-selection-criteria.html