St Mary’s College, a co-educational Catholic Secondary College is situated in Maryborough Qld and belongs to the Brisbane Catholic Education diocese. St Marys College is aiming to create a supportive, inclusive and faith driven college community that is comprised of students, staff, parents and the wider community working together to improve student outcomes. The Colleges motto 'Service, Courage, Justice’ is embodied with emphasis on developing the whole person academically, spiritually, socially, culturally, physically and emotionally. Offering a technologically forward education our goal as educators is to support all students academically and socially, to make every effort so each individual students’ outcome is as a successful and literate member of society and be able to succeed in the increasingly complex world in which they will live and work. The staff at St. Mary’s College have high expectations for all students to enable them to fulfil their dreams and achieve their ambitions.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking a Teacher Aide to undertake a range of tasks in supporting the needs of students, under the direction of the teacher.
• general classroom support
• preparation of resources and clearing learning materials
• using technology to support learning activities
• administrative duties such as photocopying and filing
Skills and Experience
• previous experience as a Teacher Aide and/or Cert III in Educational Support
• demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
• an understanding of the work of a classroom
• a willingness to work as part of a team
• demonstrated ability to apply your skills and initiative to supporting students to achieve successful learning outcomes
A cover letter addressing the above criteria should be attached to your Resumé.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card prior to commencement; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing April 2021
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only (holidays unpaid)
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): 2021 School Year
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 5 days/wk (30 hours/wk) Monday to Friday
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: School Officer Level 2 - $27.43 per hour
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Mrs Leisa Pedersen
Contact Telephone Number: 4190 2200 (Ext 2)
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 11-Apr-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education