Proposed Interview Date: w/b 30/08/21
Closing Date: 22/08/2021
Purpose and Values of Education & Children’s Services Directorate
The Education & Children’s Services Directorate is committed to Improving Life Chances for All through a wide range of direct services which support our children, young people, families and the wider Fife community. Our approach to improvement is rooted in our core values: Compassion, Ambition, Respect and Equity which reflect the ethos, culture and practice principles of all staff across the directorate. We strive to ensure that our attitudes and behaviour reflect these core values in all our dealings with children, young people, their families, and the wider community in partnership with those who support them.
As part of the application process, you must provide a Supporting Statement which tells us how your skills, knowledge, attributes and experience make you a desirable candidate for the role. Without this, your application will not be progressed. More information is available on our Career site under How to Apply. Please consider and demonstrate the following when completing your Supporting Statement:
• Ways in which you have modelled and promoted the GTCS Professional Values (social justice, trust, respect and integrity) and Professional Commitment in your current and previous roles?
(Consider the following: how you have promoted health and wellbeing for all; how you have built positive relationships build on trust and respect; how you have motivated and included all learners; how you have demonstrated your values and moral purpose?)
• Ways in which you demonstrated your professional knowledge and understanding of learning, teaching, assessment and curriculum through an enquiring stance.
(Consider the following: how have you increased your knowledge of research and used this to enhance, and apply, individually and collaboratively to inform your professional practice; how is your professional commitment evident in your engagement with professional learning that has enhanced your practice; how have you used innovation and creativity including the use of digital technologies to motivate and engage learners?)
• Ways in which you have effectively planned to meet all learners needs?
(Consider the following: how you have used assessment evidence as an integral part of the teaching process to support and enhance learning, which has led to a positive impact on outcomes for learners?)
• Ways in which you have built and sustained positive relationships that have led to positive outcomes for learners
(Consider the following: how have you have demonstrated care and commitment when actively engaging with learners about their wellbeing; how have you established positive and purposeful relationships within your school community; how have you worked collaboratively with others to improve outcomes for learners?)
We are looking for a highly-skilled teacher who is passionate about improving life chances for all through a professional commitment to making a difference for all of our children and young people so that they achieve their full potential. As a teacher in Fife you will be responsible for leading learning within your classroom context, promoting inclusion, diversity and equality, communicating with other stakeholders and for contributing to wider improvements across the school community.
• A link to the role profile is included below, where you will find more information about the role, with specific reference to essential and desirable criteria for applicants. (insert link)
Qualification, Registration and Skill Requirements
Include overview and link to relevant paragraphs, if applicable:
• You are required to have high levels of interpersonal skills and abilities which will enable you to work as a member of a team to ensure positive outcomes for all children and young people in your setting.
• You are required to demonstrate a commitment to your own professional learning as a practitioner through career-long professional learning activity and to be able to show how this has impacted on your practice.
• Before confirming your appointment, you will be required to obtain Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership through Disclosure Scotland and become a member of the relevant PVG scheme.
• You are required to be fully registered with the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS) and to model all behaviour expected of a teacher in Scotland in line with the relevant Professional Standards.
Further Information / Additional Paragraphs
• Role profiles - when preparing your supporting statement, review the role profile and think about how you meet the essential criteria
• How We Work Matters - Our employees are expected to display and promote certain behaviours in the workplace. See our ‘How We Work Matters’ behaviour framework for more information.
• Employee Benefits - Employees have access to a benefits package that offers discounts on a wide range of products and services
• Social Media - Search for more 'Fife Council Jobs' on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @FCJobsOfficial.
Viewforth High School
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years