Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900100982
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at up to $127,157.00. Base salary ranges from $72,263.00 to $114,720.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation. Base salary rates above the minimum are available depending on experience.
School Name Cherrybrook Public School
Principal Network The Hills
Staffing Area Hornsby
FTE 1.000Contact Name Sussan Croker
Contact Phone number 94818575
Closing Date 29-Sep-2021
Job Category Teachers
Organisation Teaching Service
Located in the north-west growth corridor of Sydney, Cherrybrook Public School (1006 students; 69% language backgrounds other than English) enjoys a positive reputation in the community it serves, as well as the broader educational community, providing excellence in all areas of student learning and wellbeing. Parents/carers and the wider community provide deep and authentic partnerships with school staff, to ensure opportunities exist for students to flourish in a supportive and well-resourced environment. Staff members work collaboratively to deliver quality programs, allowing students to grow in all domains, with a particular emphasis on wellbeing and general academic, sporting, arts and technology-based programs and initiatives. In addition to quality teaching and learning programs, Cherrybrook Public School has an outstanding band, excels at sport and delivers a highly successful Chinese (Mandarin) Community Languages program K-6. Current strategic directions include: student growth and attainment; contemporary teaching and learning; and student voice and advocacy.
Specific Selection Criteria
1. Approval to teach infants and primary (K-6) with demonstrated excellence in the effective use of evidence-based pedagogies including the integration of ICT to implement high quality differentiated teaching and learning.
2. Demonstrated ability to implement data-driven literacy and numeracy programs.
3. Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work flexibly as part of a collaborative team to build positive relationships with students, staff, parents and the broader community.
4. Demonstrated capacity to develop a positive, caring classroom learning environment and implement inclusive strategies to engage and support a diverse range of students.
5. Willingness and capacity to coordinate and implement whole school activities, including sport.
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.