Mary MacKillop College (MMC) is a vibrant Catholic girls’ school for Year 7 to 12 students. We are an interconnected and joy-filled learning community that nurtures, challenges and empowers MacKillop Women to be people of purpose to achieve their potential. Our expectations are high and we are proud of this. It resonates well for staff wanting to work in an educational setting of enviable repute where learning is prioritised and the professionalism of staff is respected. Families appreciate our College’s Catholic education in the Josephite tradition that we provide. Academic staff at MMC nurture and harness the positive learning culture and rich fabric of our College community because they are well supported by the College Leadership Team and well resourced in their endeavours.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking a suitably qualified and dynamic Digital Technologies and Mathematics Academic Staff member to join our College community for the 2022 academic year.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Uphold our College Vision, Mission and Values
• Successfully implement the Australian Curriculum in the two learning areas and collaboratively develop quality programs to ensure students harness their potential
• Embrace our College policies and practices which prioritise effective pedagogical practices
• Promote our College MMC Learning Dispositions – Curious, Creative, Self-directed and Resilient
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student learning outcomes
• Work in partnership with the College Leadership Team, Middle Leaders, Academic Staff and School Officers, and contribute to the life of the College
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Create a nurturing and creative learning environment, founded on high expectations which is ordered, supportive and prioritises student-centred learning
• Have a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum, assessment and reporting expectations and experience in enacting a systematic curriculum delivery
• The ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers
• Utilise effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate high level organisational skills
• Implement innovative and creative practices
• An ability to identify and cater for high potential learning and students requiring support.
• Integrate digital technology into a contemporary learning environment
• Be supportive of the liturgical and prayer life of the College and Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2022
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 12 months
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Josephine Griffiths
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3260 2611
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 20-Sep-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education