About the Together Trust
We’re one of the North West’s leading disability charities, offering individual care, support and education to thousands of people each year.
Our work wouldn’t be possible without our incredible team of staff and volunteers who are positive role models to the people we support.
You’ll be joining an organisation driven by its values and desire to see meaningful change - the people we support really are at the heart of everything we do.
We want you to grow and develop - so we’ll support you to shape the career that you want to have.
We can’t promise a job with us will be easy. But what we can say is your work will be filled with meaning.
A job at the Together Trust is more than just a job. Together we’ll change lives.
The Together Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. It is a commitment we expect and require from all our staff and volunteers. All Successful applicants will undertake stringent recruitment checks including an enhanced DBS.
Inscape House School is an ASC specialist day school for children and young people aged 5 to 19 years. It is part of the Together Trust, a charity that has been providing care, education and support in the North West of England since 1870. The post holder will be a member of the Inscape House School and Post 16 provision on the Cheadle campus.
We’re looking for a Teacher (Grade 3 or 4) to join our specialist team. We’re looking for a Teacher to Teach the National Curriculum, (which could include working towards Entry Level, Functional Skills or GCSE) to students in Key Stage 2, 3 or 4 or Post 16. Be able to Adapt the teaching of curricula to meet the varying learning needs of pupils with Autistic Spectrum Conditions. The ideal candidate will have a high expectations that inspire, motivate and challenge, both academically and socially. Will Create a safe and stimulating learning environment for pupils, rooted in mutual respect taking into account pupils’ sensory needs. Develop goals that stretch and challenge all pupils throughout the school day. Have a proven track-record of pupils making outstanding progress through excellent teaching and subject pedagogy. Have strong experience of working with students with autism and other associated learning difficulties.
As part of the Together Trust Education Service staff team, other teachers, college tutors, educational assistants and other professionals, the postholder will be expected to participate in the life of the school and support the ethos of the Trust and Inscape.
• Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• If qualified to teach secondary students, to have a subject specialism
• Evidence of recent relevant professional development
• Experience of working with children who have autism and communication difficulties co-morbid with learning difficulties, ADHD, Mental health and/or sensory processing issues
• Experience of successful work with pupils displaying challenging behaviour
• Excellent knowledge of the Curriculum including, where appropriate, Entry Level, Functional Skills and GCSE qualifications
• Knowledge and understanding at both theoretical and practical levels of current perspectives on autism spectrum conditions (ASC)
• Knowledge of approaches/methodologies that can support children with autism
e.g. TEACCH, Attention Autism and SPELL.
• Knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum and the demands it places on children with additional needs.
• Knowledge of current developments in education generally and special education in particular.
(Full job description and Person Spec attached)
You'll get to help the people we support celebrate along the road to a brighter future and, be part of an incredible team of like-minded peers. Together we work hard, laugh a lot, and support each other. We also have a range of rewards and benefits for our staff:
• 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays. Pro rated for part time roles) rising to 27 days after 5 years and 30 days after 10 years.
• A company pension plan with 7% employer contribution (or Teachers Pension)
• Opportunity to purchase a health plan to claim towards therapy, dental and more
• Unlimited access to our employee assistance programme for advice and support
• Support from mental health first aiders
• Follow your ambitions and progress your career through on-the-job training, apprenticeships and qualifications.
Inscape House School
- Special needs with state - non-maintained funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 19 years
Inscape House School is a specialist school for children with autistic spectrum disorders and related conditions, based on the Together Trust Campus in Cheadle. The school has a broad and balanced curriculum incorporating the National Curriculum with...