Location Central & North Coasts - Newcastle & Hunter Valley
Advertisement Number A900098125
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at up to $127,157.00. Base salary ranges from $72,263.00 to $114,720.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation. Base salary rates above the minimum are available depending on experience.
School Name Greta Public School
Principal Network Maitland
Staffing Area Maitland
FTE 1.000Contact Name Leanne Jarlett
Contact Phone number 0249387331
Closing Date 03-Mar-2021
Job Category Teachers
Organisation Teaching Service
Greta is centrally situated in the Hunter Valley, twenty minutes drive from Maitland, Cessnock and Singleton. Greta Public School is a community school and has served this area since 1878, and is known for strong community support, quality learning programs and a commitment from staff and parents to improving student learning outcomes.
We currently have an enrolment of 199 students, including 13% who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
Greta Public School provides a rigorous curriculum, focused on academic growth, social and emotional development which is delivered by dedicated and highly professional staff. A number of quality learning and support programs exist within the school, including Early Action for Success (EAfS) and evidenced-based literacy and numeracy programs.
We work closely with the Rutherford Learning Community to build strong relationships across our local schools and community networks to ensure that our students enjoy a smooth transition from pre-school to Kindergarten and from primary to secondary school.
Specific Selection Criteria
- Approval to teach Infants and Primary K-6, with a demonstrated ability to implement differentiated teaching practices.
- Demonstrated excellence in classroom practice with an emphasis on implementing evidence-based, data informed literacy & numeracy programs.
- Demonstrated ability to support student success, with a strong emphasis on promoting student responsibility, engagement and wellbeing.
- Highly developed collaboration, communication and interpersonal skills to engage with all students, staff, parents and the wider school community to build authentic relationships.
- Proven capacity and willingness to enrich student learning opportunities beyond the classroom in areas such as, but not limited to, sport, public speaking, drama and debating.
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.