Location Regional NSW
Advertisement Number A900097594
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at up to $127,157.00. Base salary ranges from $72,263.00 to $114,720.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation. Base salary rates above the minimum are available depending on experience.
School Name Armidale City Public School
Principal Network Armidale
Staffing Area Armidale
FTE 1.000Contact Name Deborah Nay
Contact Phone number 02 6772 3420
Closing Date 03-Mar-2021
Job Category Teachers
Organisation Teaching Service
A full-time, permanent itinerant support teacher hearing (ISTH) position is based at Armidale City Public School (enrolment 407 students, including 15% Aboriginal Students and 32% EAL/D students).
The successful applicant will be part of the itinerant hearing team and will be responsible for the development and implementation of language, auditory skills, speech and communication programs to support students, across multiple settings, who are deaf or hard of hearing, including EAL/D students and Auslan learners from age of diagnosis until Year 12.
Collaboration with students, teachers, parents/carers is integral to the role. The itinerant support teacher hearing will liaise with and support mainstream teachers to develop inclusive education practices and enhance student learning outcomes, particularly in relation to literacy and communicative competence.
The successful applicant must hold a current driver’s licence and be willing to travel and work across settings in multiple networks to meet the needs of students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Specific Selection Criteria
- Approval to teach students with Hearing Impairment (Primary).
- Auslan signing ability or demonstrated willingness to learn.
- The capacity to design, implement and review quality individualised learning plans for students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Outstanding teaching practice that recognises the diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds of all students and demonstrated capacity to collaboratively design and implement individualised programs that support equitable access to the curriculum for both oral and Auslan learners.
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to use a range of assessment approaches to inform teaching and learning, and evaluate student learning to modify and improve teaching practice.
- Highly developed communication, organisation and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff, families and stakeholders.
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.