Location Regional NSW
Advertisement Number A900102079
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at up to $127,157.00. Base salary ranges from $72,263.00 to $114,720.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation. Base salary rates above the minimum are available depending on experience.
School Name Ballina Coast High School
Principal Network Lennox Coast
Staffing Area Tweed Heads/Ballina
FTE 1.000Contact Name Kirrily Myers
Contact Phone number 02 66810100
Closing Date 29-Sep-2021
Job Category Teachers
Organisation Teaching Service
Ballina Coast High is a recently established school purposefully built to deliver a new pedagogy to students 7-12. The school has 928 students, 16% Aboriginal students with 7 support classes. Ballina Coast High School has redesigned the curriculum for 7-10 and has aligned this with OECD Research and the tenets of innovation, excellence and diversity. The curriculum is personalised, integrated and collaborative and builds the capabilities of all students. The school is committed to collaboration, and conversations that focus on student and staff growth.
Specific Selection Criteria
- Approval and/or willingness to teach History 7-10
- Approval and/or willingness to teach Geography 7-10
- Approval and/or willingness to teach Modern History, Legal Studies or Society and Culture
- Demonstrated capacity to contribute to a positive faculty culture with an emphasis on quality outcomes for all students
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain safe and challenging learning environments through the use of classroom management skills and effective communication
- Capacity and/or experience in innovative and collaborative pedagogical practices including open learning environment
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Department's Aboriginal education policies
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.