Teacher in Charge of Music
Fixed Term, Full Time for Autumn Term, with the option of a Permanent 3 day teaching role from January 2019
MPR/UPR and TLR 4 (£2,667.00)
MPR UPR from January 2019
Due to parental leave, we are seeking to recruit an outstanding teacher to continue to develop and lead Music courses as part of the Academy Curriculum, to work alongside our peripatetic teachers, as well as oversee an outstanding extra-curricular programme to ignite passion and enthusiasm for Music amongst all our students.
Whatever your stage of career, you will be an inspirational practitioner able to make a significant contribution to raising expectations and standards through dynamic teaching and learning across KS3 and KS4.
The ideal candidate, who will work in partnership with our Teacher In Charge of Drama, will:-
· Have a natural passion and enthusiasm for Music with an ability or proven track record of raising attainment;
· Demonstrate a passion for Horbury Academy with some understanding of the next step of our journey;
· Be flexible, dedicated and prepared to work with energy and a smile;
· Be committed to our ethos that all students can achieve at Horbury Academy;
· Have great references and appraisal documentation demonstrating leadership competency.
Horbury Academy has:-
· Ambitious, eager to learn students who have the benefit of both an innovative curriculum and extra-curricular programme;
· A safe, caring environment where respect and consideration is taught, established and valued by all;
· Warm, dedicated and well trained staff who are committed to doing their best for students every single day;
· Membership of PiXL, and is keen to network and take risks with new ideas and strategies;
· Fantastic CPD opportunities to ensure professional and personal development as a Leader;
· A number of benefits to offer including free parking, vibrant, multi-million pound state of the art facilities that foster excellence in teaching and learning, and a great location which is accessible from J40 of the M1.
All prospective candidates are welcome to visit and meet with our Assistant Headteacher who line manages music, on Monday 25th June 2018 from 3.45pm onwards which will be an opportunity for you to find out more about the Academy. If you wish to attend, please call our reception to let them know on tel: 01924 282740.
Closing Date is Monday 2nd July 2018 at 10am
The selection process will take place on Thursday 5th July 2018
Please note CVs will not be accepted, application forms can be found on our jobs page.
Horbury Academy is committed to the Equality Act 2010 and to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children and young people, by adhering to the “Keeping Children Safe in Education” guidance. All staff and volunteers are regularly trained regarding our expectations in keeping our students safe. An enhanced DBS is required for every post.
It is an exciting time for Horbury Academy a founding member of the Accord MAT, working in partnership with Ossett Academy, Middlestown Academy and Horbury Primary Academy.