The Board of Trustees wish to appoint an ambitious and motivated SEND Practitioner to work under the direction of the Assistant Head Teacher of Inclusion to support the implementation of Special Educational Needs (SEN) policy and provision for pupils in our Specialist Resource Provision (SRP). The SRP admits three pupils every academic year with a diagnosis of Autism.
The Kingston Academy is a new outstanding Secondary School in North Kingston, which opened for the first time in September 2015 with a cohort of Year 7 pupils. The school will grow annually by an additional year group until 2021. TKA has received a substantial capital grant for the refurbishment of the existing educational facilities and for additional new modern buildings which we have now taken possession of. Our mission is to provide a world-class education for all the young people within our community to ensure that every pupil is safe, happy and succeeds. Now in our sixth year of operation, we now have over 1000 pupils across the six year groups of 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Qualified Teacher Status and/or relevant teaching experience/interest of SEND in the context of a secondary school;
- Active contribution to the successful development of students with SEND related issues or other significant vulnerabilities.
- Evidence of commitment to personal CPD
The assessment process will involve:
- SEND related task related to the role
- Meeting with a panel of our pupils for an informal Q&A
- Interview with the Head Teacher, Assistant Headteacher i/c SEND and a Local Authority Representative
We look forward to receiving your application.
The Kingston Academy
Kingston upon Thames
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years