Mont a l’Abbe School wish to recruit a Teacher
Mont a l’Abbe is a co-located Special School. This position offers an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and innovative teacher. We aim to promote an inclusive society, both within the school and the wider community, through shared learning, caring, and celebration of difference and diversity
You will have;
- Excellent leadership skills
- An excellent classroom practitioner with a proven record of raising attainment for children with severe, profound and complex special needs.
- Experience of teaching pupils who have a wide range of learning difficulties, including: SLD, PMLD, Autism
- Thorough and current knowledge curriculum and assessment
- A compassionate and caring approach to working with children, parents and colleagues
- A commitment to nurturing success in every child
- The ability to use initiative to improve the quality of provision further
- Excellent time management, organisation and ICT skills to support the role and effectiveness
- To be proactive with strategies to support Inclusion
Mont a l'Abbe School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
A relocation package is available along with a competitive salary.
If you would like to find out more about the school and the post please contact
Liz Searle Headteacher, at
Mont a l’Abbe School,
La Grande Route de St Jean, La Pouquelaye, St Helier, Jersey, JE2 3FN
01534 875801 / 617526
Closing Date 18th June
States of Jersey page re pay : https://www.gov.je/Working/WorkingForTheStates/pages/civilservicepayscales.aspx
Moving to Jersey: https://www.gov.je/lifeevents/movingtojersey/Pages/index.aspx
Mont a l’Abbe School: http://www.montalabbe.sch.je