Acorn Care and Education is the single largest private sector provider of specialist education and care services to local authorities across England, Scotland and Wales. The group has grown quickly since its creation in 2005 by both organic growth and through a series of acquisitions.
Acorn consists of 3 main divisions:
- The education division is the second largest private sector provider of SEN schools in the country operating 15 special needs schools for children with behavioural and social difficulties or with autism and learning difficulties.
- The fostering division – Fostering Solutions, is the third largest provider of foster care services in the UK and operates under the brands of Fostering Solutions and Pathway Care.
- The residential care division operates registered care homes for looked after children with a range of special education and behavioural needs.
We need really great, passionate people to be part of our team to carry out immeasurably worthwhile work that truly does change lives.
Under the reasonable direction of the Deputy Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team, carry out the professional duties of a school teacher as set out in the current School policies. Uphold the professional code of the GTC.
Teach in accordance with the ethos, organisation and policies of the school as a fully committed member of the teaching team and as detailed in the specific duties and core standards below.
- Be responsible for the learning and the achievement of all pupils in the class(es) ensuring equality of opportunity for all;
- Planning and preparing schemes of work and lesson plans;
- Create a purposeful learning environment;
- Teaching, according to individual educational needs, the pupils assigned to him/her, including the setting and marking of work to be carried out by the pupils in school and elsewhere;
- Teach engaging and motivating lessons informed by well-grounded expectations of learners and designed to raise levels of attainment;
- Know how to make effective personalised provision/effectively provide differentiated tasks for those they teach;
- Have high expectations of young people including a commitment to ensuring that they can achieve their full educational potential and to establishing fair, respectful, trusting, supportive and constructive relationships with them;
- Know how to use skills in literacy, numeracy and ICT to support their teaching and wider professional activities;
- Use assessment as part of their teaching to diagnose learners’ needs, set realistic and challenging targets for improvement, and plan future teaching.
- Teachers are required to work 195 days in any one academic year, of which 190 days shall be with pupils;
- Working hours are 8.30am – 4.00pm.
- A deeply held conviction that every child can achieve and reach their potential;
- The belief that all children deserve a life of choice and opportunity;
- Ability to be adaptable in a fast-paced extremely environment;
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all children;
- Excellent classroom practitioner;
- Excellent team player;
- Ability to work successfully with pupils with challenging behaviour;
- High expectations of others;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Willing to undertake training.
- Qualified to degree level with QTS and above;
- Experience of working with young people from challenging backgrounds;
- Evidence of continually improving the outcomes of pupils;
- The courage and conviction to make a difference;
- The ability to listen and communicate effectively;
- Constant deep reflection which leads to personal growth and better pupil outcomes;
- Sustain energy, optimism and motivation in the face of pressure and setbacks;
- Stay calm in difficult situations and maintain clarity of vision;
- Support the team and be aware of others’ levels of resilience in different situations;
- Driving Licence;
- Commitment to on-going improvement and learning;
- Evidence of ability to plan strategically.
Acorn Care and Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and vulnerable people in our care. Successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check