Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900098076
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at up to $127,157.00. Base salary ranges from $72,263.00 to $114,720.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation. Base salary rates above the minimum are available depending on experience.
School Name Georges River College Hurstville Boys Campus
Principal Network Georges River
Staffing Area St George
FTE 1.000Contact Name William Lundon
Contact Phone number 02 9587 3199
Closing Date 24-Feb-2021
Job Category Teachers
Organisation Teaching Service
Georges River College (GRC), Hurstville Boys Campus is a vibrant educational setting focused on innovatively meeting the learning needs of young men in Years 7-10 inclusive. It is focused on delivering a quality education to all students and strives for excellence in teaching and learning. With an enrolment of 360 students, GRC Hurstville Boys Campus works collaboratively with the other schools making up GRC: Penshurst Girls, Peakhurst and Oatley Senior campuses.
Hurstville Boys Campus is a Positive Behaviour for Learning (PBL) School, ensuring the values of respect, responsibility and excellence underpin all school activities. A broad range of co-curricular programs integrate with classroom learning to strengthen boys' engagement in the classroom and beyond. The school proudly differentiates the curriculum to best meet the educational needs of all students, including high potential and gifted students and those with diverse learning needs. The Support Unit at Hurstville Boys Campus includes three classes for students identified as having Autism Spectrum Disorder, as well as a multi-categorical class. The Support Unit is an integrated and highly valuable part of the school community.
The school has a highly committed and professional staff who prioritise the inseparable goals of academic rigour and wellbeing to effectively inform evidence-based pedagogical practice. Professional learning is at the centre of continually strengthening teacher practice and collective efficacy based on mutual trust is evident across the campus.
Specific Selection Criteria
- Approval to teach students with learning and support needs (secondary) and/or experience teaching students with learning and support needs (secondary) in regular classes. Capacity to provide specialist assistance to students in regular classes with additional learning and support needs and their teachers.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team leader to provide direct literacy and numeracy support for students with additional learning and support needs.
- Work collaboratively with and mentor classroom teachers to identify students, provide strategies and adjustments that cater for students with additional educational and support needs.
- Confidence using data and a range of assessment techniques to identify gaps in learning, set growth targets for students and to adapt teaching programs and practices to meet the learning needs of students.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build relationships and engage students, staff and parents.
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.