Hours of work: 37 hours per week
We are looking for a Lecturer in Accountancy - someone who is flexible, motivated and passionate about their subject, works well within a team, but can also confidently work autonomously when required to.
The post of Lecturer in Accountancy is offered within the Wakefield Business School, situated in the newly constructed Advanced Skills and Innovation Centre, close to the historic city centre of Wakefield. We are looking for an outstanding teacher who can motivate and enthuse students in this subject and ensure they reach their full potential. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team of highly committed, professional and experienced lecturers who have a proven track record of success.
The AAT Accounting programmes are offered alongside a number of other varied professional programmes and validated degree programmes, and the Wakefield Business School attracts a good number of students and we anticipate that numbers will continue to grow.
As a Lecturer in Accountancy, you should:
- Hold a relevant degree or professional qualification of an equivalent level
- Hold a Level 7 postgraduate qualification or currently be working towards this
- Have GCSE English and Maths, A* - C qualification or equivalent (new grading 9- 4)
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of teaching Accountancy at levels 2 - 4
- Successfully taught on relevant HE programmes in an FE environment
- A track record of good success rates in teaching, learning and assessment
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11am, Thursday 22 February 2018.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people. Adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.