Teacher / Lecturer in Automotive
- Job ref: 6153a
- Hours of work: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £25,633 - £27,177 per annum (Unqualified) or £29,691 - £33,410 per annum (Qualified)
- Location: Castleford Campus
We have an excellent opportunity for a Teacher / Lecturer in Automotive to join our Engineering and Automotive team, where you will teach and support Automotive / Light Vehicle courses up to Level 3.
You will join our innovative team of highly qualified professionals, working to achieve the college’s mission, transforming lives through learning, by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
As a Teacher / Lecturer in Automotive, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of students, by providing them with the automotive skills, knowledge and training required to enable them to achieve their goals, while ensuring the economic development and success of automotive industries.
We are seeking a motivated person who is enthusiastic about working with young people, adults and employers, has up-to-date automotive industry knowledge and expertise, a passion for the automotive sector and an excellent team player.
As a Lecturer in Automotive, you should also have:
- An Automotive and/or Motor Vehicle NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- GCSE A*- C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or level 2 equivalent
- Experience in relevant industry
- The ability to teach a range of Automotive subjects, both practical and theoretical
New to Teaching?
Are you an industry specialist qualified in Automotive?
If you are a good team player and have a comprehensive knowledge of your industry and would like to get into teaching, then this opportunity could be for you.
We are looking for people with excellent communication skills, drive and enthusiasm, qualified in their specific subject area and who would like to pass their knowledge and skills on to our students.
If you have not previously worked within the Education sector but have considered a career move, you may be suitable for the Department of Education - Taking Teaching Further initiative, which employs industry specialists direct into Further Education. You will receive an enhanced support package whilst you gain a Teaching Qualification.
This opportunity can be discussed at the interview stage.
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction and teacher development programme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
Closing Date: 11.00am on Monday 27 September 2021
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years
The City of Wakefield sits at the heart of West Yorkshire, and at the heart of the Wakefield district is Wakefield College. The College is the largest college in the District and has an impressive track record, having provided education and training ...