Sarum Academy would welcome applications for the position of Teacher of Hairdressing. Hairdressing at Sarum Academy is a VTCT Level 2 and Level 3 Post 16 course for pupils studying in Year 12 and Year 13. Potential applicants have the opportunity of employment by the Academy or offer their services on a contracted arrangement. The Hairdressing course is popular and highly successful.
This Vacancy is for 0.4FTE - 2 days per week.
The successful applicant will:
- Have experience delivering the VTCT Level 2 Certificate and Level 3 Diploma in Women’s Hairdressing qualifications;
- Have high aspirations for all;
- Possess a strong team ethos, a ‘can do’ attitude and a sense of humour;
- Possess good communication and numeracy skills;
- Be reliable, self-motivated and able to work using their own initiative;
- Have experience of, and a passion for, working with young adults.
The Academy offers:
- A purpose built hair salon and access to outstanding facilities;
- Autonomy in shaping the curriculum;
- An enthusiastic and driven team of teachers and support staff;
- Ongoing professional development of the highest standard;
- Wider school involvement working within our Post 16 team of teachers;
- A strong support network both within the school and within the Magna Learning Partnership Academy Trust.