Location Sydney Region
Advertisement Number A900100892
Number of Positions 1
Total Remuneration Package: Remuneration package valued at up to $127,157.00. Base salary ranges from $72,263.00 to $114,720.00, plus leave loading and employer's contribution to superannuation. Base salary rates above the minimum are available depending on experience.
School Name Campbelltown Performing Arts High School
Principal Network Campbelltown
Staffing Area Campbelltown
FTE 1.000Contact Name Laura Chrupalo
Contact Phone number 0246251403
Closing Date 22-Sep-2021
Job Category Teachers
Organisation Teaching Service
Campbelltown Performing Arts High School is a specialist performing arts high school with an enrolment of approximately 1100 students serving a diverse area of South West Sydney. 35% of our student population come from a non-English speaking background and 112 students identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. Our school draws 60% of its enrolments from local schools and 40% through open audition in the areas of dance, drama, music and circus. Our main focus is to improve student learning outcomes through the consistent application of quality teaching practices underpinned by whole-school, and targeted, teacher professional learning. The school has a strong reputation for future-focused learning informed by sustained national and global partnerships and comprehensive evaluation processes. The school are seeking application for a permanent Teacher Librarian to join the team.
Specific Selection Criteria
- Approval to teach library secondary or currently undertaking, or enrolled in teacher librarian qualifications approved by the NSW Department of Education. Willingness to teach Information Communication Technology.
- Demonstrated creativity, innovation and flexibility in their approach to promoting and managing a library to enrich the library learning environment and enhance learning to engage students in high quality learning experiences.
- Ability to support the needs of a diverse range of learners to develop literacy, numeracy, research and communication skills.
- Ability to differentiate the curriculum, including a demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to supporting Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander students.
- Highly developed communication, organisation and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build positive relationships across the whole school community to improve student learning outcomes.
An unconditional full approval to teach is a requirement. If you do not hold a full approval to teach with the NSW Department of Education, you are required to commence the application process at the same time as you apply for this teaching opportunity.
If applicable engagement will be temporary until successful completion of the Teacher Librarian qualifications as recognised by the NSW Department of Education which must be completed within 24 months.
Applicants are to include details of their WWCC clearance number as part of this application.
To ensure that your application complies with the guideline page limits your attachments must be in PDF format.
New merit selection application guidelines for classroom teachers, executives and principals have been introduced to provide greater clarity to applicants and selection panels. The guidelines are in effect on positions advertised from Wednesday 10th June 2020. The guidelines are located at: https://education.nsw.gov.au/about-us/careers-at-education/roles-and-locations/roles-at-education/teaching/addressing-selection-criteria.html