Malvern College Hong Kong is an authorised IB PYP and MYP school and is a candidate school for the Diploma programme. MCHK currently has 800 pupils in Prep 1 to Hundred (Years 1-11). In August 2021, we expect to be close to 1000 pupils and look forward to welcoming our first Sixth Form Cohort.
This position will be expected to have shared responsibility for the school library, working in close liaison with the PYP Teacher-Librarian, and overall responsibility for the delivery of MYP & DP Information Literacy lessons.
As a Malvern College teacher, the successful candidate will contribute to the development and delivery of the College’s vision and values. They will be a supportive member of the staff team to help ensure the success of Malvern College Hong Kong as a leading international school in Hong Kong.
- Provide the leadership and expertise necessary to ensure that the school library programme is aligned with the mission, goals and objectives of Malvern College and meets the requirements of the MYP & DP programmes;
- Collaborate with subject teachers to design and implement effective information literacy lessons and to support learning;
- Create inquiry-based classrooms that develop critical thinking skills, knowledge and a range of Approaches to Learning skills within an environment based on trust and respect;
- In liaison with the PYP Teacher-Librarian, manage and oversee library services including operation, policies and procedures, resources, and facilities;
- In liaison with the PYP Teacher-Librarian, supervise library staff and where applicable, volunteers and student librarians;
- Promote the school’s academic honesty policy and the ethical use of information;
- In liaison with the PYP Teacher-Librarian, manage the planning, administrative and budgetary functions of the library;
- Analyse and evaluate library and information services, technology and media service requirements;
- Prepare reports related to library and information services, technology and media services, resources and activities;
- Perform cataloguing and classification of print, audio-visual, electronic and online resources;
- Maintain inventories, compile statistics and generate reports as required;
- Provide library services in response to the information needs of library users;
- Respond to daily on-site requests for information;
- Play a full part in the school’s admissions process including attending Saturday Admissions day(s) as required; and
- Assist with any other duties, tasks or jobs as may be reasonably requested by the Headmaster.
- A relevant degree and appropriate qualifications in librarianship;
- Experience in managing library services, ideally in the education sector;
- Experience in working in an international school setting;
- Experience in working in a MYP & DP school;
- Experience or familiarity with a Library Management System (such as Destiny) is preferred;
- English proficiency at native level; some Chinese helpful although not essential;
- Strong administrative, organisational, and IT skills;
- An appreciation of the IB Philosophy is required;
- Ability to communicate with pupils, colleagues and parents, and to build strong relationships with all members of the school community;
- Ability to work collaboratively;
- Familiarity with various teaching resources including, where appropriate, digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning;
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences found in Hong Kong and the willingness to develop and maintain a cross cultural approach to work; and
- A willingness and commitment to contribute fully to the life of the pupils and school beyond the academic day, including active participation in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes.
All applications should be submitted online via TES. You are required to complete your online profile and supporting statement and upload your CV with photo. You are also required to provide details of three referees.
Contract Type: Full time, Two Years
Start date: August 2021
Closing date: Interviews will be on a rolling basis and as such early applications are encouraged.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype or in person. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their applications.
Malvern College Hong Kong exists to provide a quality all round education for students and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks. Please note that we will need to take up the references provided in your application form prior to interview.
Please contact email@example.com for any queries about this role. Please note that a CV will not be accepted in place of the online application form.
For further information about Malvern College Hong Kong, please visit our website at http://www.malverncollege.org.hk/. To find out more about the Malvern College International family, please visit www.malverncollegeinternational.org
Malvern College Hong Kong
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 16 years
Malvern College Hong Kong (MCHK) opened its doors to its first pupils in August 2018. This co-educational day school caters largely for international pupils, reflecting the truly multi-cultural nature of this vibrant city. Malvern College Hong ...