We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated and dedicated Teacher Librarian to join our school community. This is a fixed term part time (0.5 FTE, alternating 2 and 3 days per week) opportunity to work with all classes and dialogue with Leadership Team at a highly I.T. resourced school.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Prepare and deliver effective information literacy lessons in accordance with the BCE syllabus requirements,
• Design lessons in a way that excites students and instils a deep appreciation of literature and reading,
• Plan collaboratively to support classroom teachers,
• Promote the library as a community hub,
• Organise library-based events,
• Foster the spirit of inquiry in an environment supportive of a diversity of learners and learning styles, and
• Effectively manage the library and information resources and services for the school community.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Teacher Librarian qualifications preferable,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• A clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles and
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
St Bernard’s Catholic Primary School Upper Mount Gravatt is inspired by the Charism of the Sisters of St Joseph and St Bernard. St Bernard’s was founded by Sisters of St Joseph in 1955 and is a multicultural school with a population of approximately 315 students. Our school motto – Your light guides, describes both the illuminating path to eternal life as shown to us by our Lord Jesus Christ, as well as the guiding light of knowledge.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2021
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 2021 School year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: 5 day fortnight (0.5 FTE) - days negotiable
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Trish McMahon
Contact Telephone Number: 0458 021 305
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 21-Jan-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education