Job Title: Teacher
Salary: £22,244 to £35,218
Location: Acorn Park School, Banham
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
About the School
Acorn Park is a Special Educational Needs (SEN) School and Residential home within the Acorn Care and Education and NFA Group, the UK’s Largest, Independent Children’s services group. The School specialises in communication and learning challenges associated with Autism.
The School and Homes are within a private, 30 acre Estate situated within Norfolk’s picturesque and tranquil countryside, close to the town of Banham.
The aim of the site is to provide enough support to unlock each child’s potential so they can live fulfilling and productive lives. We provide the young people with as much freedom as possible in a safe and supervised environment. This is achievable due to the dedication and support from a range of employed professionals who are passionate, reliable and understanding.
About the Group
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the Role
The post holder will:
Secure a high quality of teaching, effective use of resources and improve standards of learning and achievement for all pupils in consultation with the Head of School
Teach a range of subjects as necessary to ensure the effective delivery of the school’s curriculum.
In consultation with the Head of School undertake other identified areas of responsibility as necessary to ensure effective delivery of the school’s curriculum.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Teacher who is able to implement and deliver appropriately broad, balanced, relevant curriculum that meets the needs of the Students.
- Formal Tertiary qualification in Teaching / Education (either undergraduate degree in education or undergraduate degree +
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Work as a team member and identify opportunities for working with colleagues and sharing the development of practice
- Play a key role in development of SEN provision within Acorn Park School
- To Enable access to learning and social opportunities for pupils with SEN through delivery of teaching, support, families and the young person
- To work with Key Partners in Acorn Parks Schools Therapy service
Why work for us
- Social activities
- "Your Wellbeing Matters"
- Employee Rewards Hub
- Free School meals on site
- No two days are ever the same
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
Acorn care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.