An exciting opportunity has arisen for an innovative and inspirational teacher who is passionate about working with young people. Oak Wood Schools Academy Trust is an expanding successful specialist setting for 264 children and young people aged 3 - 19, with a broad spectrum of special educational needs and learning disabilities. The schools share a site. There are 125 pupils in the Primary School.
As a growing Multi Academy Trust we are looking for enthusiastic and skilled qualified teachers who are or aspire to be outstanding practitioners. We particularly welcome applications from teachers with experience of teaching in a primary school setting who have the ability to transfer their skills to working with young people who may have severe or complex learning difficulties, social and communication learning needs and /or ASD and associated behaviours.
We would also welcome applications from NQT’S who have a passion for teaching pupils with SEND.
- Passionate about enabling pupils with SEND to achieve their full potential?
- A good or outstanding practitioner with experience of teaching pupils with SEND?
- An enthusiastic and creative practitioner who can adapt and reflect according to pupil needs?
- A team player who can work alongside a range of professionals?
- An effective communicator who can build and maintain successful relationships with our families?
- Committed to professional development and learning.
If you are, then we can offer:
· An opportunity to work in a ‘good’ Ofsted (2018) rated school
- A nurturing group of staff, who are committed to achieving high standards for our pupils.
- A strong ethos and collaborative working.
- Dedicated teaching assistants and pastoral support.
- A rigorous induction programme.
- Opportunities for high quality professional development.
- A holistic consultative approach to each young person.
Additional Information & How to Apply
For further details about this role, or to arrange a visit to the school please contact Jen Roberts on 02476 740907
To apply for this role candidates are asked to complete an application form, supported by a letter of application (maximum of 2 sides of A4), which outlines your experience and skills in relation to the areas described in the person specification.
All completed applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 4th July 2018 (noon)
Interview date: TBC
Oak Wood Schools are committed to safeguarding children, promoting the welfare of all pupils, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Enhanced clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for the successful candidates