Teacher of A-Level Economics
January - August 2019
Vision for Education are assisting a college in the Kirklees area in their search for a suitably qualified Teacher of A-Level Economics.
We are looking to appoint a talented classroom teacher who is lively, committed, enthusiastic and flexible in their approach to work. You should ideally possess a successful record of teaching and learning in the 16-19 age range, although applications are welcome from NQTs.
The department you will work in is very happy and stable, and always oversubscribed with students. We are looking for a teacher to teach four A-Level Economics groups. The department received a grade 1 in the last Ofsted inspection report.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- Teaching up to four groups towards A-Level examinations in Economics
- A significant contribution to enrichment (non-examination) courses such that total contact time with students formally is around 20 hours per week
- Attendance at staff and departmental meetings, Open Evenings and Parents' Evenings
- Being in sympathy with a college ethos which finds its roots in a staff strongly committed to the college in all aspects and activities. It is based on a philosophy that valuing students and helping them to experience success and sometimes working through failure helps them to grow in confidence and to succeed
To be considered for this position you will:
- Have a good Honours Degree or equivalent with a recognised teaching qualification, or willingness to undertake one
- Have capacity to motivate, encourage and inspire students of all abilities
- Have the ability to work flexibly and to be self-motivated
- Have a passion for the subject area
If you are a qualified teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we would like to hear from you.
Apply today or for more information on this and other teaching opportunities with Vision for Education contact the Secondary Education team at the Huddersfield branch.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All candidates will be required to complete our safeguarding checks and undergo an enhanced DBS check.