We are seeking an outstanding part time Teacher of A level Psychology to work within our high performing Academy. You will be experienced at teaching A-level Psychology and work within the Social Science team to deliver high quality learning experiences for students.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
What we are looking for:
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We would like to appoint a dynamic and inspirational qualified teacher. We are looking for an effective and enthusiastic classroom teacher who will be able to complement our dedicated team of outstanding practitioners. The successful candidate will ideally have significant experience in inner-city, multi-racial and urban areas.
We are looking for a strong communicator with proven strengths in engaging with, inspiring and motivating, not just the school community, but the wider community. You should hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree.
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/form tutor.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- A performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing students!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
About Harris City Academy Crystal Palace:
Harris City Academy Crystal Palace is a pioneering academy for 1,300 students aged 11-18, and celebrated its 25th anniversary last academic year. The founding academy of the Harris Federation, it has three consecutive outstanding judgments by Ofsted, most recently finding the academy to be outstanding in every aspect in 2014. It is one of the most oversubscribed comprehensive schools in the country and in the top 5% for performance.
Why work at Harris City Academy Crystal Palace?
- A long established and highly successful school: one of the most oversubscribed in the country and the top school in Croydon at Attainment 8 2017
- As a Teaching School, we are able to offer all teachers an extensive programme of first class professional development and a vibrant learning community giving all the opportunities to excel.
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, including a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
Come and see us in action: visits to Harris City Academy Crystal Palace are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 0208 771 2261 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and making a difference. You can help us transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.