Where will your teaching experience take you next?
- Teaching AP Calculus in one of the best high schools in China
- Working with enthusiastic and motivated Chinese students (aged 15-18)
- Engaging in high quality educational practice in one of the fastest growing sectors globally
- Joining a growing network of educators with a focus on collaboration, support and career development
This position involves teaching calculus at Advanced Placement level in a very successful high school program in China. The ideal candidate should have a relevant degree, a strong knowledge of the subject and previous teaching experience at high school level. Prior experience with AP, IB or A Level curriculum is also preferred.
As our students seek to gain entry at top universities overseas, educators focus on developing students’ application of learning and critical thinking skills in order to prepare them as thoroughly as possible for university abroad. Advanced Placement is a very popular course option for Chinese students who are seeking placement at universities and colleges in the United States as it allows them to stand out in the admissions process and earn college credit. Students typically take 2 to 3 AP courses.
Benefits of working with Dipont in China
High quality international education: Dipont Education manages international high school programmes (delivering A Level, Advanced Placement and IB Diploma) within some of the most prestigious high schools in China. We currently employ over 400 expatriate educators and have over 7,000 students on roll.
Training and development: Teachers have the opportunity to transfer to other locations or programmes during their course of employment. In addition, we are actively focused on providing internal career development opportunities, with the potential to move into curricula or centre management roles. We provide workshops, support and access to external training.
Our students: Our students are some of the best you will ever work with. A high number of students enter Dipont centres with the aim to study in some of the top universities in the West, and therefore teachers can enjoy working with some exceptionally motivated and academically high achieving students without the classroom management issues experienced in other teaching posts. As China settles into its role as the economic powerhouse of the 21st century, a teaching position with Dipont provides a platform to work with a generation of young Chinese talents eager to take advantage of every opportunity available to them.
Salary and benefits: Salary levels are very competitive with a benefits package that includes: accommodation allowance, annual return airfare, annual bonus and worldwide medical cover. Cost of living is very favourable and disposable income is high.
Applications are invited from:
- Highly skilled educators with the ability to engage and stretch high performing students
- Prior experience teaching the subject at high school level
- A recognised teaching qualification
- A track record of excellent teaching with well-developed subject knowledge
- Prior experience with British or American secondary school curriculum preferred
In order to apply, please email your resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or for further information please visit our website at www.dipont.com