Due to the demand for school enrolment and the timetabling needs arising, we are currently seeking to appoint experienced, well-qualified, and inspirational teachers to join us for the foundation of Brighton College Dubai in 2018/2019 academic year.
Reporting to: Head of Subject or Deputy Head Academic (Senior School)
· Essential qualities will include the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team and to present to parents, pupils and colleagues a warm, engaging and approachable personality. Reliable and respectful at all times.
· The successful candidate will have a university degree and teaching qualification from a recognised academic institution.
· A distinguished record of teaching, flexible and adaptable to the varied demands of working in a premier school, showing the capacity for creativity and innovation across and beyond the curriculum.
· A strong record of professional development and able to demonstrate a positive and proactive attitude towards participation in CPD and the College’s PDR and appraisal processes.
· Able to work successfully under pressure with excellent organisational skills
· A confident and competent user of IT in the classroom and for administrative purposes
· Enthusiastic and passionate about education with a sound understanding of UK best practice and a working knowledge of GCSE and A Level qualifications.
· The successful candidate for this challenging and rewarding position will have at least 2 years’ experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
· To be an ambassador of the College at all times, in school and the United Arab Emirates.
· To teach a timetable, carry out staff duties and actively support the co-curricular Programme leading a minimum of two activities per week.
· Prepare lessons and data required for KHDA inspections and other body accreditations.
Teaching and Learning
· To encourage each pupil to reach their academic potential through enthusiastic and personalised teaching, tailored stretch and challenge, rigorous record keeping and follow up
· To be aware of and comply with all the College policies including those for marking and assessment, teaching and learning and reporting
· To develop and share schemes of work and resources, using the agreed formats
· To assist with covering colleagues as required
· To attend all meetings and INSET as required
· To prepare, invigilate and assess, as required internal and external tests and examinations
· To promote pride in the College among the pupil body through high standards of dress, behaviour and commitment
· To ensure that all communication is acted upon appropriately and in a timely manner
· To attend Parents’ Evenings, Assemblies, Productions, Sporting and Special Events
· To be responsible for all College resources particularly those in your care, reporting damage or loss to your line manager or the facilities manager, as appropriate
· To contribute to the College website, social media and publications as necessary
· To contribute to the College’s Self Evaluation and Development Plan
· To foster a close partnership with parents, initiating contact in appropriate circumstances and ensuring that there is a record of this
· To be in School prior to 7.10 am and until at least 4:10pm (subject to confirmation of School operation hours)
· To carry out any reasonable professional request made by the Head Master, Deputy Head or member of the SLT
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must consist of the following completed documents:
1. Letter of application (maximum one and a half sides of Garamond 12) addressed to Mr Marco Longmore, Head Master of Brighton College Dubai. Please state clearly in your letter your teaching experience, together with details of your co-curricular strengths and contributions. This should be attached to your electronic application.
2. Completed teacher application form (available on TES Online)
3. CV (maximum 4 sides) naming two referees, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer. This should be attached to your electronic application.
4. Applications must be loaded to the Time Educational Supplement online application site. This will generate a formal application profile.
Application will be reviewed on receipt and preference will be given to those holding a qualification in Arabic Language. Incomplete applications will not be considered and that Brighton College Dubai reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.
Brighton College Dubai is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please note that should your application be successful, a police check will be undertaken in the country of origin; in the UK, a disclosure will be requested from the UK’s Disclosure and Barring Service.