Teacher of Art and Design & Technology–September 2018
Part Time 0.5 MPR/UPR
Copthall School is a culturally diverse and inclusive all girls secondary school based in Mill Hill, Barnet. Our results are consistently strong, with our 2017 results at GCSE and A-Level significantly above national averages. Our thriving Sixth Form which is in the top 12% of schools for A Level results (ALPS grade 2) offers both A-Level and Vocational pathways and we boast an excellent success rate in University applications.
Copthall has seen rapid improvements in standards across the school. Following our recent Ofsted inspection in May 2018, Copthall has been awarded ‘Good’ status “By implementing systems to raise staffs and pupils’ aspirations, leaders have established a culture of high expectations. As a result, the school has secured marked improvements to learning and pupils progress”. The full report can be accessed using the following link: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/226/ofsted
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, creative and qualified professional to teach Art and Design & Technology. The successful candidate will be expected to teach KS3 & KS4 with the potential of KS5. These very successful departments are well equipped with good ICT facilities and workshops. We welcome applications from both experienced and newly qualified teachers.
- be an outstanding teacher or have the potential and desire to become outstanding
- be experienced in raising or have the desire to raise attainment
- have proven experience of working or the desire to work successfully with students of all abilities
- be committed to our ethos of high expectations and no excuses with the belief that every child can succeed
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Join a supportive team that has a good track record for student outcomes
- Access to continuous staff development. All staff receive coaching as part of our Incremental Coaching Programme and we strongly support NPQML & NPQSL
Visits to the school are welcome and encouraged. Please get in touch if you would like to arrange this.
Copthall School is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
Appointment is subject to a clear enhanced DBS check.
Application forms must be completed and are available from the School website: http://www.copthallschool.org.uk/219/join-us or by phoning the school office on 020 8959 1937. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Completed forms should be returned directly to Copthall School at the above address or via email to email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday 16th July 2018
Interview Date: Wednesday 18th July 2018