Start Date: September 2021
Pay: Parity for UPS/MPS + SEN Allowance (£2270 p.a.)
We are looking to appoint a versatile and talented Art Teacher for maternity cover, with the ability to teach across KS3, KS4 and KS5 in our well-regarded day and residential special school, which caters for boys aged 9 to 19, who are primarily diagnosed with ASC, PDA, ADHD and other specific learning difficulties. All our students access the National Curriculum, studying GCSEs and often progressing to A Levels, university or apprenticeships.
Breckenbrough School is a small, non-maintained special school, which currently has up to 70 students on roll and which was graded ‘outstanding’ in our recent social care inspection. It is set in the heart of the North Yorkshire countryside, between the Dales and the Moors. The school has a Quaker ethos, and we pride ourselves in delivering our values of equality, respect, tolerance and forgiveness, as we strive to attain the best outcomes possible for our students.
If you have a genuine love of education and an appreciation of how a nurturing and caring environment can help all children grow into happy, successful individuals, you will make a great addition to our team.
We are looking for enthusiastic and highly skilled applicants with QTS and experience of either special and/or mainstream settings with an excellent knowledge of all arts with the ability to deliver high calibre teaching at GCSE, BTEC and A Level. We will consider part time or job share applications.
Breckenbrough is the right school for you if:
• You are committed to putting the individual needs of the students first
• You are prepared to work flexibly in a vibrant, caring and supportive environment, with students who really appreciate the work that staff do
• You can deliver challenging and highly engaging lessons
• You can offer high quality experience of supporting students with a range of complex needs
• You are driven to maintain our outstanding outcomes for all students
• You enjoy working with a positive and established staff team
• You have a knowledge of successful strategies for meeting the needs of young people with ASC
• You have an understanding of barriers to learning and have a drive to support young people in overcoming them
In return, we will offer you:
· An incredibly happy working environment with a staff team who are extremely supportive
· A leadership team who are hands-on and accessible every single day
· Continuous CPD and leadership opportunities in an expanding school, including middle leadership
· An exceptional ethos of care for students, staff and families
· Complimentary refreshments throughout the day with lunch 5 days per week
· Ride to work cycle scheme and Techscheme
· 38 week term dates
Breckenbrough School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references, occupational health assessments, vetting and enhanced DBS check. The school has an induction programme and a genuine ongoing commitment of staff professional development. A 12 month probationary period will apply.
For an application pack please visit the jobs section of our website www.breckenbrough.org.uk
Closing date for applications: Midday 12th April 2021
Interviews: Wednesday 21st April 2021