DATES: Apply by noon on Monday 19th March 2018
SALARY: Competitive with any existing salary
(A Recruitment & Retention allowance accompanies this role for the right candidate)
LOCATION: Nishkam High School – Birmingham
REPORTING TO: Faculty Leader of Science
TO COMMENCE: September 2018
CONTRACT TYPE: Full-time - Permanent
Nishkam High School, Birmingham
We welcome applications from staff already in post and from those colleagues still completing their Teacher Training programme. The school is significantly advanced in its assessment response to ‘life after levels’ and will provide an excellent support programme for the successful applicant.
Our first set of GCSE resulted in outstanding outcomes for children:
* Progress 8 = +0.98 (top 1% of all schools nationally)
* Attainment 8 = 55.1 (top 7% of all schools nationally)
* GCSE Chemistry A* - C = 96%
* GCSE Physics A* - C = 95%
* GCSE Biology A* - C = 93%
* 27% of all grades awarded in single sciences were grade A*/A.
At the core of Nishkam education is the triple pursuit of
* nurturing a strong values-led approach to life,
* academic excellence and
* creating a community that supports children throughout their lives.
Teaching Science across Key Stage 3 and an ability to teach all of the single sciences in KS4 is preferred. However, we particularly seek a Biology specialist and would look to use that specialism across all key stages (including Key Stage 5). A generic job description is provided with this advertisement.
The facilities within the school are excellent and the Faculty is ably supported by an outstanding senior science technician. This post is a key aspect of our strategic plan for the development of science across the school, a subject that is very significant in the career planning of many of our students. The successful candidate will also play a significant part in supporting the ethos and values of the school, including a contribution to our exciting enrichment programme.
You will be:
- a graduate with QTS (desirable)
- an innovative and dedicated classroom practitioner with a proven record in raising standards and driving progress
- able to inspire pupils to go beyond their expectations with a real passion for your subject
- a creative and inventive professional, committed to being a positive role model for children
- enthusiastic about contributing to the wider life of the school
- currently be working in either the private or state school system
- keen to play a key role in the interventions and support given to students who require help
We will offer you
- a professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff
- bright, enthusiastic pupils who are eager to learn and are proud of their school community
- modern, well-resourced working environment with excellent ICT facilities
- a staff development programme designed to further develop our staff
- opportunities for involvement in the wider pastoral and extra -curricular life of the school
Nishkam High School opened in September 2012. The video footage on YouTube showing the ‘Building of Nishkam High School’ is an essential starting point for any interested candidate. The ‘new’ DfE built school opened in April 2014 and a visit to our truly inspirational building is highly recommended. Please contact the school on: 0121 348 7660 and we will be happy to make arrangements for you to have a look around.
OFSTED visited one day after the new school building was opened. Read the details of their ‘Outstanding’ judgement in all areas at:
You will be working with a pioneering group, Nishkam School Trust, which is a flagship DfE Free School Trust, and the first multi-faith academy trust in the UK. At the core of Nishkam education is the triple pursuit of nurturing a strong values-led approach to life, academic excellence and creating a community that supports children throughout their lives.
- You need to complete an application form, which you can download from our website www.nishkamschool.org/recruitment or contact the school office on 0121 348 7660
- Applications to be sent to email@example.com by noon on Monday 19th March 2018.
- Successful applicants will be contacted on Wednesday 21st March 2018
- Interviews will be held week beginning Monday 26th March 2018
This is a key role within the school but the successful candidate will also be expected to also work closely with the Trust Directors and contribute to driving the Standards agenda forward in all Nishkam schools. A flexible, innovative and energetic approach is, therefore, an essential requirement, as is a commitment to being a team player.
Nishkam School Trust (NST) are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.