Do you want to teach in a Twenty First Century learning environment with the backing of Rolls-Royce, Toyota, Bombardier, University of Derby, & Derby College?
Derby Manufacturing UTC opened on 1st September 2015 and provides a distinctive and targeted curriculum for 600 students from 14-19 who wish to study STEM subjects.
Due to continuing expansion in our fourth year we require for August 2018 start a Teacher of Biology.
The successful applicant will have:
- Relevant qualifications (both formal and through appropriate experience).
- A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the UTC and most importantly a difference to the lives of young people including their educational and broader achievement, self esteem and confidence, social well being and future employability.
- NQTs will be accepted for this post, as will more experienced teachers.
- The ability to teach to ‘A’ level (essential).
We are offering:
- An attractive salary based upon experience and expertise.
- A first class working environment with excellent resources.
- The opportunity for professional growth and continued development within an organisation committed to continuous improvement.
How to apply
This position would suit a NQT or an ambitious teacher looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work in a unique environment with fantastic facilities. Please complete and submit the online application form. Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification when making your application.
Closing date: Monday 19th March at 12 noon
Interview date: TBC
Please note strong applications will be considered on receipt.
All appointments made are subject to satisfactory references and are subject to enhanced DBS.