Are you an educator who wants to make a real difference?
Saltus is currently seeking a Teacher of Biology, Marine Science & General Science for September 2019.
The successful candidate will teach Biology and Marine Science at the senior school level (grades 9-12), including (I)GCSE. The successful candidate will also be required to teach General Science at the middle school level (grades 6-8). Ability to teach Advanced Placement Biology is required, as is a background in Marine Science instruction. In addition, the successful applicant will be an innovative and proven classroom practitioner with drive, energy, and experience in embedding STEM across academic disciplines.
Candidates for this position:
• Must be a qualified teacher with a minimum of three years’ classroom teaching experience.
• Must have proven ability/success in the delivery of their subject in a differentiated classroom at the Middle and/or Senior level.
• Must be licensed by or qualified to be licensed by the Bermuda Educators Council.
• Must be able to demonstrate a variety of teaching and learning pedagogies, including but not limited to problem-based, project-based and discussion-based learning (e.g. Harkness/Socratic, experiential education, direct instruction).
• Must be able to demonstrate a variety of assessment and evaluation methodologies conducive to 21st Century Learning in a differentiated learning environment.
• Must have a proven ability in the use of information technology in the delivery of the curriculum.
• Must be able to use an online grading system and be willing to create and update schemes of work and resources.
• Must have a commitment to the principles of independent education and be willing to contribute to extracurricular activities and the broader life of the School.
•Must be committed to academic excellence and strive for positive relations with all students, parents and colleagues alike.
• Must demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to change.
• Must be willing to provide cover for absences and/or advisory.
• Must be able to thrive in a busy environment.
• Action Researcher.
• Sense of humor.
• Clean criminal record.