We are looking for a dynamic and hard-working Teacher of PE to join this popular and successful department. You will be joining a team of enthusiastic teachers who provide an extensive curriculum programme including GCSE, BTEC Level 2 & 3 PE, A Level PE, Sports Leaders’ Award, as well as a comprehensive range of after school activities.
Our particular strengths in the Local Authority are football, athletics and netball but the PE Department has also enjoyed success in volleyball at national and regional level. An interest in football and athletics is desirable although other specialisms are welcome.
- Ensuring maximum participation of all students in sport within school and extracurricular representative sport where all are valued, stretched and challenged to be active.
- Running of the extra-curricular programme of sports activities and fixtures.
- Contributing to inter-school competitions including sports day
About the school
This is an exciting time to join Thomas More Catholic School as we continue on our journey to outstanding. We are an above national average, popular 11 – 18 inclusive Catholic school situated in Purley. We pride ourselves on having excellent student leadership and high staff retention rates. We ensure that teaching and learning is of the highest quality; rigorous, challenging, differentiated and engaging. Our aim is for educational excellence in all areas.
We have extensive sporting facilities including our own swimming pool, extensive playing fields and a large Sports Hall.
What we can offer you
We have a strong focus on student and staff wellbeing which is evident from the moment you step into our community. In return, we offer excellent professional development to help you further your career, as well as support and challenge from our highly strategic Senior Leadership Team to help you ‘Bring out the Best’ in our staff and students. In addition, we offer a range of excellent staff benefits, including:
- Historic building in a beautiful setting, with multiple sports facilities and a swimming pool
- Forward thinking and vibrant place to work
- High staff morale and a happy team culture amongst all staff
- Free parking on-site. Situated a 10 minute walk from Purley train station with fast train links to Central London and the South East
How to apply
For more information about the school, please visit www.tmore.org.uk Please note: you do not need to be Catholic to apply.
To apply, please click the 'apply' button where you'll be able to complete our application form.
Closing date: Midday on Monday 20th September 2021
Interview date to be decided upon Shortlisting.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found so if this post is of interest to you please do not hesitate.
The Governors of Thomas More Catholic School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The appointment is subject to pre-employment clearances (e.g. satisfactory references, medical clearance and a satisfactory outcome to your Enhanced DBS Disclosure).
Thomas More Catholic School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years